Are you stumped by the whole idea of a “signature drink?”
I’ve seen every color and every random liquer used to create a tasty beverage but today’s suggestion is a home grown favourite.
The Fairmont Banff Springs and the Fairmont Palliser Calgary serve the classic Bloody Caesar. In 1969, bartender Walter Chell from Calgary, Alberta added his own “Canadian” twist by adding Clamato. It’s now Canada’s bestselling cocktail! There are more than 250 million sold each year. If you picked this as your signature drink on a hot summer’s day, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Here is the recipe courtesy of the Fairmont Banff Springs:
- 1 3/4oz (50ml) Finlandia vodka
- 8 oz (250 ml) Clamato
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- Lime juice (to taste)
- Fresh horseradish (to taste)
- Balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- Salt, pepper and spices (to taste)
- Lemon wedge and celery stick (garnishes)
- Rim glass with celery salt
The Caesar is sure to bring back memories of cabin days in Sylvan Lake or Invermere where you and your honey fell in love.
or Add Your Comment Here!
Powered by Facebook Comments