Are you on the fence about having a ring bearer and flower girl in the wedding party? Here are some tips and tricks to help the day run smoothly:
1. Use the buddy system, the idea of having two flower girls or pairing up ring bearer and flower girl so that they can walk side by side. Partnering will boost their confidence.
2. If some bridesmaids are nervous about the processional, then the flower girl is definitely going to be a little spooked. Lots of practice can help with the nerves and having the parents follow up with pep talks.
3. If possible, arrange to have the flower girl attend the shower and/or the bridesmaids’ lunch (if the bride is having one) to boost her comfort level around the other (bigger) bridal attendants. Seeing friendly, familiar faces on the big day will help to ease any anxiety.
4. Seat the flower girl’s parents toward the front of the ceremony so she can focus on them and be encouraged by their smiles of reassurance
5. Keep in mind that having children in the ceremony means there’s only so much one can control. Rest assured that whatever the flower girl does (cries, drops the basket, lifts up her dress…), her personality and preciousness will make the guests smile.